Thursday, August 1, 2013

An Ode To Nap Time Part 2

This time last week I posted an Ode To Nap Time. Everyone who knows us, knows Chloe has definitely gone through her highs and lows when it comes to sleep in general. Did I mention I slept on the floor in her room more nights than not last week? And, again last night. It kinda stunk. All this is why this summer, I've been really determined to conquer this nap time beast.

Say hello to last Friday. I decided to try to start slowly backing her Disney couch back into her room from its destination in the hallway that it sits everyday at nap time. I placed it just inside her door on Friday. There was whining, crying, and all around unhappiness. I didn't let up though. We even made an agreement. If she agreed to stay in her room, I wouldn't put up the gate in the hallway. Ironically, she agreed and didn't leave her room!!! She definitely expressed her disgust with the situation, but she stayed put. I was SO SUPER DUPER PROUD of my baby girl! 

On the weekends it's a rare occasion to be home at nap time, so let's fast forward to Monday. Monday was GREAT!! I backed her couch up just about a foot further into her room. As nap time approached, I gave her some gentle reminders that nap time was coming, she would be sleeping in her room, I wouldn't put the gate up if she stayed...blah blah blah. When it was time, I took her to her room, tucked her in, and she said, "Div me hug mama. I div you a tiss! I wuv you!" And that was that! I walked out, no baby gate, no crying, nothing! Here's the proof!

I sent that message to my friends who know just how much of a pain nap time can be around our house. 

Here's Tuesday: Different day, same story!

Wednesday was no different, and today was even better. Today, she went into her room and LAID DOWN before I even told her it was nap time! Even better, I was able to scoot her couch back even further...probably another 2-2.5 feet!  Eventually we will make it to that bed of hers. :) 

Here's a pic of today's nap. In the picture on the left, I am standing where she used to nap in the hall. Look how far away she is!! The picture on the right is taken in her doorway where we first began this process of scooting back. I am one happy mama!

Celebrating!
Lori
 
P.S. Don't forget to check out tomorrow's 2nd edition of Pic A Day Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment