Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The First Day Of School

The eyes should say it all. It. Was. A. Long. Day. A good day, but a LONG one too. I'm beyond exhausted. The good news: for the first time in 3 years, I didn't have a single crying child! Usually I scare at least one. :/ The bad news: Today was easy. Tomorrow we start learning! That is why even though the hubs passed out at seven and my sweet, cranky, emotional Chloe took some Benadryl for her allergies and was out by 8, I am still up, still in my work clothes, planning away for tomorrow's lesson in a kitchen that smells like soured bulldog fart. Thank you, Spanky. My evening would not have been complete without your presence.

Oh, and, I didn't blog yesterday about my ESL test because I was frustrated with it. I guess I'm a high maintenance test taker, but I wasn't too thrilled with the testing environment I took my test in yesterday and was afraid I may not pass because I couldn't focus. I got my results today at lunch though and I PASSED! Praise you sweet baby Jesus! I really didn't want to have to take it again. Yay for small miracles! 

After work today I was greeted by the sweetest baby girl who wanted to be held. It was exactly what I needed after a long day. I missed her something fierce today! When we got home, she practiced the art of "selfies." I leave you tonight with the most beautiful, almost doll like selfie ever. Look at those eyes and that porcelain skin!

Nighty night, y'all!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment