Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Case of The Disappearing 2 Year Old

This morning Chloe decided to sleep in past her normal 6:30am wake up time. I'm not gonna lie. I didn't wake her up and wasn't particularly sad that she decided to sleep in. After all, she had to take some Benadryl last night because her poor allergies were killing her. We all know how sleepy Benadryl makes us. This also meant I got to get ready for the day in peace without also corralling a two year old and using the phrases, "Chloe, no." Chloe, get out of the dog water." "Get off of Duke, Chloe. He's not a horse." and "Chloe, please don't use my brush on Spanky anymore. He's dirty."  These phrases are staples of our morning routine.  Around 7:00am, I decided to go open her door in hopes that the natural noise of the house and dogs would start to wake my little sleeping beauty.

When I got about half way down the hall, I noticed her door was open. Strange, I thought I closed it. Upon entering her room, I realized my little princess was already up! Her bed was empty. Where was she, I wondered? I scoured the house looking for her. I wasn't particularly worried. I mean, she had to be somewhere. I looked high, I looked low, I called her name, I offered her milk....nothing. After searching everywhere, I began to worry panic FREAK OUT. SOMEONE HAD COME INTO MY HOUSE AND TAKEN MY PRECIOUS LITTLE ANGEL! I just knew it. Heart pounding, hands shaking, frantically calling her name, I began running around like a chicken with his head cut off. That's when I saw it. The back door. It was shut, but only partially. It looked like when you close the door but don't push it all the way into the latch. As quick as I could, I threw open the back door and ran outside. What did I find? My precious, NON SLEEPING 2 YEAR OLD hanging out on the deck at the patio table.

 
Needless to say, I was beyond relieved. You know that feeling you get when all the sudden you've used all the adrenaline you had and now you're just plum tired? Yeah, that was me. After we got back inside, I had a talk with Chloe. I told her how if she wanted to see mommy grow old, she should probably never do that again because I almost had a heart attack.
 
Then we got dressed, brushed that mop on her head, and cleaned those dirty feet!
 
P.S. Don't judge me...I know my grass is tall. My lawn boy stood me up yesterday. :/
 
Happy Tuesday!!!
 
Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment