Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer Goals and Pic A Day Friday June 8-13

It's officially Friday, the end of the first week of summer vacation!  I beg of you, someone anyone PLEASE explain exactly what summer vacation means to Chloe! Her idea of summer vacation thus far means rising with the chickens and taking pitifully short naps.  That being said, I do feel like I've been more productive than is my usual during the school year. I've been able to run to the bank at my leisure, get the car registration renewed that's been out since last September (shh!), and, the big one, my house is clean and the laundry isn't over flowing!  Honestly, I guess I just may owe Chloe a 'thank you.' I'm not sure that I would be so productive on my own clock. Seriously, let me put this into perspective. Today, Chloe woke me up at exactly 6:58am, and according to her daddy and the chair that was pushed up to the open refrigerator, she had already been up for a few minutes.  We didn't have to leave for her swim lessons until 9:40ish.  In that amount of time, which I surely would have slept away on my own clock, I was able to feed her a warm breakfast, clean up the kitchen, bathe Spanky, promptly stick his butt outside to dry, clean the bathrooms, vacuum all carpeted areas, and start a load of clothes.  Oh, and of course, get both of us dressed, teeth brushed, and hair combed.  I walked out the door feeling like I had a pretty successful start to our day. For that, I will swallow my pride and say that maybe there is a silver lining to my sleepless wonder of a child.  But still, it sure would be nice to sleep in every once in a while.

With summer, comes my annual "to do" list. I've been making them for years.  It's typically my version of spring cleaning, a list of everything I need to do around the house before I go back to school.  This week, I decided to have a "dead" week where I don't do much of anything aside from the normal, but I did make my list. My goal is always by the end of summer to have the whole list crossed out. I also made a new kind of list, a "to do with Chloe" list. Next week she will be three. THREE! Time is flying by, and I know I really need to savor every minute of it making memories as we go. Here are my two lists. We will start on both next week.
At the end of the summer, I'll come back to these lists and you can see how much we were able to accomplish on each list.

And now, on to Pic A Day Friday. Our week this week is starting on Sunday rather than Saturday. Apparently, I didn't take a single picture all day Saturday!

Sunday:
After a fun couple of hours at Urban Air, there's nothing like a mommy/Chloe selfie before she passes out for the drive home.

Monday:
It goes without saying that Chloe is missing Jakki. ALL week long she has colored pictures, placed them in envelopes sealed with just about a whole roll of tape, and put them in my purse or swim bag. Each time I ask her what is in the envelope, her response is, "Oh, it's just an email for my Jakki." #lovethisgirl
Tuesday:
Tuesday was a busy day.  Since it rained all day Monday, Tuesday was Chloe's first official day of summer swim lessons.  During the school year, we take a picture each morning to send to daddy. This summer, it will be a picture on the way to swim lessons. This was his first one of the summer.
After swim lessons, Chloe and I rushed home to get ready for the Northwest High School graduation. Here we are with miss Lindsey, one of my very special girls from the class of 2014.
This moved me.  Draped in the chair that Thomas would have sat in was his graduation robe.
 Wednesday:
Thursday started out rough. As you all know, last week, Chloe gave up her paci. All things considered, it went fairly smoothly, with only a few minor break downs.  Until Thursday....the day in which Chloe miraculously found her paci tucked away in a toy. That sneaky sleuth had hidden one in there long ago I guess. 
 Needless to say, it didn't end well.
I felt horrible. She wasn't having a tantrum. She was crying like I hurt her feelings worse than anyone ever had.  I could NOT  get her to stop crying. Desperate times called for desperate measures, and out came the Easter candy.
...followed by the pool. That paci was long forgotten. :)

Thursday:
It was 71 degrees, on and off rain, why not have a freezing cold swim lesson?
 Friday:
 
Just another morning picture for daddy!


This weekend is guaranteed to be filled with summer sun and fun! Then, on Wednesday, Chloe turns THREE! It will all be documented on next week's edition of Pic A Day Friday!

Till next time,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment