Friday, November 8, 2013

There's Nothing Like A Muffin Making Mini!

Yesterday was one heck of a long day. After school ended, we had an evening filled with parent conferences until 8pm. Luckily, unlike last time, Rusty is in town this week and was able to pick Chloe up from Jakki's house and take care of her.  Last time, the poor girl spent three hours up at school with me being semi-entertained by one of my cheerleaders.  I know it's probably weird, but I truly get excited when Rusty and Chloe get to spend alone time together. He's gone so much, and I think it's good for both of them. I know Chloe sure does enjoy it.

As usual, after he picked her up, she wanted to go on the "foh weeyer." It was cold outside, but daddy is kind of a sucker. Here she is all bundled up. It's a bit blurry, but it cracks me up. How many people have a sippy cup holder on their four wheeler???


After their off roading adventures were complete, they made mommy dinner. I must admit, daddy is much better at letting Chloe help than I am.  I'm working on it, but messes make my head spin a bit. Anyways, after helping daddy season the chicken and make the rice, Rusty let Chloe make me organic blueberry muffins! He took about a million pictures along the way, too. Rusty swears she really, truly made them herself. He said he would show her what she needed to do and then she would take over. When the next step in the process came, he would show her that process, and she would take over again.  Here's a few of the pictures he took chronicling the process.






When I arrived home, Chloe was so excited for me to come in the door. She met me in the garage, grabbed me by my coat tail and practically dragged me into the kitchen all the while telling the dogs, "MY mommy!"  Then, with daddy's help, she grabbed the plate of muffins and handed them to me saying, "Es yours!"  I truly do have the sweetest girl. :)

After dinner we indulged ourselves in Chloe's organic blueberry crumble muffins, took a bath, and Chloe passed out in about two minutes flat on me.  To be honest though, I'm not sure it even took me two minutes to pass out.  Rusty took this picture.  It's definitely not my most flattering moment, but she looks so dang funny on me.  Who would have thought my almost two year old would still want to be rocked/held every night? #iloveit


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment