Monday, October 28, 2013

My Weekend With Tori

Those of you who know me, know my obsession with Tori Spelling. She is my celebrity idol. I would go so far as to say celebrity crush except for the whole “she’s a woman” thing.  Seriously though, I love me some Tori.  When I was young, like pre to early teens, I was even a member of her fan club. I have the “Donna Martin-esq" post card to prove it. :0) To say that I was excited a few weeks ago when I logged onto my Amazon account only to be suggested that I pre-order Tori Spelling's new book is the understatement of the century.  Why, YES, Amazon, I should! THANK YOU for knowing me SO well! I'm pretty sure Amazon might know my likes better than my own husband. Or, at least they know my purchase tendencies.
Friday night, I purchased the Nook version of Spelling It Like It Is.  Then, promptly proceeded to fall asleep without even a glimpse at the first page. I was just that tired.  Being a working mom, who is typically also a single mom Monday-Friday, I have little time for hobbies.  A typical day for me consists of going to work, picking Chloe up from Jakki to play mommy for a while, starting on my many Cinderella chores once Chloe goes to bed, and off to bed to do the same thing all over again the next day. It's a rare day that I sit down before 8:30pm and that's usually to rock Chloe to sleep.  So, back to my point, these days there’s very little time for hobbies, much less personal time. This weekend was no different. Weekends are for family time, chores, and laundry.  Don’t get me wrong, I love family time, relish in it, but this weekend I was bound and determined to spend some time with Tori. Sadly, my day Saturday was just plum full. Not to mention my body was still trying to recover from the seemingly never ending week of commitments that had just ended. Literally, I had a commitment, mostly work related, EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. LAST. WEEK.  It was tiring exhausting downright draining.  To top it all off, poor Chloe was drug around like a rag doll to everything. She was such a trooper, but I could tell, come the weekend, she was as exhausted as I was.  When I got home Saturday evening from dinner, all I wanted to do was read. My heart was in it, but my eyes were SO NOT. I was a determined chick, though. May I introduce you to my friends for Saturday evening, one berry flavored 5 Hour Energy and an ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper?  That's right, I downed an energy shot, popped the top of a DDP, and snuggled up in my bed, just me and Tori.

I must admit... it was pretty much love at first line. Tori's been pretty MIA recently. With her reality show ending and having two babies in a one year period, she hasn't exactly been at the forefront of the tv lineup or even really in the press. Miss Lori has been surviving solely on reruns of Tori and Dean and stalking her blog. I swear to you, by the end of the first chapter, I was literally addicted. Tori's writing is like a drug. I just can't get enough.  She has such a personality, and her writing is no different. It has such voice! Needless to say, I felt like I was at home. You know that feeling you get when you've been gone way too long, and finally arrive home? That "aah!" feeling? Yeah, I totally got it. N.E.R.D....I know...
Tonight, after I post this blog actually, back to the book I go.  I'm totally reading this the smart way. Just a little bit at a time, not too much, not too little. I want to savor the moment. I wonder just how long I can make a 205 page book last???
Till next time,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment