Tomorrow I have a presentation at 8:30am. I might have forgotten about it until about 9:30 this evening. Not because I'm unorganized. I'm so far from that. Rather, because I worked until 7pm tonight, came home, fed my little, bathed her, read her a book, and began working on this...
I would be long done by now with all my work if I had a child that slept. Laying in my bed right now, she looks so peaceful. Little would anyone know what it took to get there. Let me condense it for you into a short, bullet pointed list:
- Two meltdowns
- One visit to her room to think about her actions
- One book
- One sippy cup of chocolate milk
- One baby doll, a monkey, and a bear
- One blankie belonging to Chloe and mommy's blanket
- One couch
- One fall to the ground from the couch
- Half an hour of wailing post fall to the couch. HALF. AN. HOUR. PEOPLE.
- Daddy's spot in the bed
- One wake up from daddy's spot in the bed once again wailing
- Finally, ah....peace. Silence....at 10:35pm...
I do want to leave you on a positive note. I'm not one to whine and complain or even really be negative, so I don't want to close out all cry babyish. This video makes me smile every time I watch it. We had a great group of students dance with my cheerleaders at Friday's pep rally and this little boy is just the bees knees. I adore him. He stole my heart two years ago, and he's just the best. All my kids out there reading this: this is the owner of Fred and friends! ;) He just has the best spirit and dance moves to boot! #lovehim
Till next time,